Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sweet and Sour Pork

I tried a new low-fat recipe last night and it was delicious. Even Josh and Ashley gobbled it up!

1 can (15-16 oz) pineapple tidbits
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. sesame or peanut oil (I used olive oil and it turned out well)
1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 -inch chunks
2 c. fresh or frozen bell pepper strips

Drain pineapple. reserving 1/2c. juice; set aside pineapple aside. In small bowl or cup, combine reserved juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside. In wok, heat oil over high heat. Add pork;stir-dry until well browned, 5-10 minutes. Stir in peppers and reserved pineapple. Add reserved juice mixture; bring to a boil.Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occassionally, until pork is cooked through, 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Serves 6

For any weight watchers people, 1 cup is equal to 4 points!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, if I hate pineapple, could I just use like pineapple juice or something. Or leave it out all together? I'm weird, I know. It sounds really good...minus the pineapple. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just stopped by to say "Hey" and check out your awesome blog!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Scott
http://mosaicsnmore.blogspot.com